Things to Consider When Selecting Hospice Care in Gilroy
If you or a loved one has recently been referred to hospice care, how do you choose a provider for these services? Typically, this referral comes from a doctor or hospital caseworker who can offer several local recommendations for hospice care in Gilroy. But you have the flexibility to choose the provider who will be the ideal fit for your preferences.
This decision isn’t one to take lightly. The agency you choose will be working with your family on an ongoing basis, so you need to ensure that available services match your preferences. As with other types of healthcare decisions, the best choice happens when you are as informed as possible about your options.
5 Important Details When Choosing a Hospice Agency
Even though the basic hospice services are the same for all providers, there are unique differences that can impact your experience in hospice. So pay attention to the small details that will help to optimize your overall experience:
- Location: If you choose hospice care at home, find a hospice agency near your home. Nurses will be commuting, and you need to be sure that on-call nurses are close enough to visit without delays.
- Medical Services: What types of services will be included in the hospice care plan? Discuss your options to ensure that the provider offers everything you need, including skilled nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and more.
- Business Reputation: Research hospice care in Gilroy to ensure that your provider has a good reputation in the area. Read reviews from other patients so you can get a feel for the level of care they offer to families.
- Certification and Licensing: Ask the hospice agency to provide their certification and licensing information. These credentials verify the team’s professionalism and training.
- Payment Options: Make sure the agency accepts Medicare, Medicaid, or your private insurance coverage (depending on the type of coverage you will be using). Also, talk to the office staff about how billing and payments work.
Most of this information is available during your initial consultation. After that, you can reach out to an agency and schedule a time to talk to a case manager about your options.
Getting Started with Hospice Care in Gilroy
When you are ready for more information, reach out to our team at Bonita Springs Healthcare Services. We offer hospice care and other related services, including home health and home care services.
Download Our Guide:
Caregiver Burnout and How to Avoid It
How do you know if you are experiencing caregiver burnout? Download our free guide and learn the warning signs, how to avoid them, and when to seek assistance.