5 Reasons Why Families Choose Hospice Care for a Loved One
Did you know most families who choose hospice care wish they had started the services earlier? Once you realize all the benefits of hospice care, you will feel the same way.
Read on to learn about some of the reasons people choose hospice care.
5 Reasons to Choose Hospice Care
It’s not an easy decision to begin hospice care. Watching any family member suffer with a life-limiting illness can be harrowing. Hospice care is compassionate care that provides the extra support you and your loved one need. Here are 5 reasons why families choose hospice:
- Caregiving is Stressful and Time Consuming: By shouldering much of the caregiving role, hospice affords families the time they need to tend to matters such as work, children, and other family members. Your loved one can remain at home while professionals tend to their needs and ensure they are comfortable.
- Hospice Focuses on Whole-Person Care: Hospice focuses on the mind, body, and spirit of the person suffering from an illness. As a result, they can offer companionship and spiritual guidance on top of tending to pain management and nutrition needs.
- The Family Has More Control: When the hospice staff visits your home each day, you feel more in control and informed about the care. You can ask questions and change anything to better serve the patient.
- The Patient Gets to Be at Home: Your loved one can remain at home during hospice care, surrounded by friends and family.
- Hospice Offers Support for the Whole Family: Another unique offering of hospice care is family caretaker support. Often, this support comes in the form of the education and answers family members need during this stressful time.
It is not necessary to wait until the end of life to seek hospice care services. If you or your loved one has received a life-limiting diagnosis, speak to your doctor to find out if hospice care is a good fit for your family.
The team at Bonita Springs Healthcare is here to help answer your questions and can also help you to determine if Hospice Care is a good fit for your family. Please call our friendly staff today or visit us online to learn more.
Download Our Guide:
Caregiver Burnout and How to Avoid It
How do you know if you are experiencing caregiver burnout? Download our free guide and learn the warning signs, how to avoid them, and when to seek assistance.